Well, today was my first official day of bedrest. I had orginally thought that I would harnass all of my creativity and drive to be productive even from the couch, but I can tell you this did not happen. The most I accomplished between the hours of 7 and 5 was probably a shower, but I guess that is the idea of 'rest' right?
I can't decide if this lack of productivity has more to do with my desire to rest or my uncertainty of what to do. After waking up crying, I spent most of the day thinking positive thoughts. I know that it is so important to just trust God's plan. These problems are not mine to worry about. So I am kind of stuck in between my desire to get things in order and figuring out what to do first. I just keep thinking, what is most important? What do I need to be prepared for? I think we are still in this place of uncertainty and I haven't quite straightened my thoughts out.
A little after 5:00 we did receive a package on our door steps in the shape of a crib though! Well, I guess Matt would have been a little more excited if it were shaped more like a crib and less like a box of one million parts. After a couple of good hours of work and an impromptu visit and help from my sister and mother in law the crib was all put together! I am happy with the results I think, although it seems HUGE in our tiny nursery! I promise I will get real pictures of the bedding and room soon. Or at least Matt will...
I must mention that from around 5-6:30 Laurelei was asleep on my lap in the nursery rocker while Matt was working. It was really great to cuddle with her. She has been with family for the past couple of days (who we can't thank enough for all their help!) but I have really been missing her. She never falls asleep and cuddles like this in our laps anymore, and it was a real treat. I've been more than a little concerned about how all of this change will affect her, so I am cherishing this precious mommy and me moments as much as I possibly can!
I think I get to go on a field trip to the doctor tomorrow, so maybe I won't go too crazy. In truth though, I am thankful for the time to be alone with my little one and my thoughts. I know God is preparing us both for what's ahead with rest quiet time.
Thanks again for all of the support. We are very blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment