Monday, June 13, 2011

Whew!

Laurelei is always growing and changing that is for sure, and of course that is no surprise to anyone out there. However, as she grows up little by little, she has been saying some surprising things!

Here is a recent list of interesting encounters with L:
  • The other night while laying in bed Laurelei became very distressed. It seems as though one of her many babies was 'bullying' her. When I asked L what was wrong, she told me that her baby wasn't being nice to her. The baby was 'refusing' to speak to L and had also stollen a bottle from another baby. While I was concerned with Laurelei's problem, it was also fun to see how playful and vast her imagination was. I love that she is always using that sweet imagination.  
  • Last week Matt and I realized that Laurelei is developing a little bit of an accent. I can't say a lot, because my childhood videos reak of 'southern charm,' but neither Matt or I carry much of an accent ourselves these days. We are starting to wonder where Laurelei is getting it? I have to get a video of this soon! Some recent L-isms:  myself= "ma-i say-elf," mommy= "ma-may," down= "da-own," ouch= "ay-ow"
  • We have perhaps entered the stage of our lives known as the 'terrible twos." We have been in tantrum city this week and no one is enjoying the vacation! A perfect example of the new 'tude' occured this morning in the car. The conversation went something like this, Mommy: "Laurelei, you need to be nice to mommy. You can't hit or call mommy names." Laurelei: "Mommy, I don't like you, I like daddy. You put me in time-out. And my mouth is too small to be nice to people." Really? That was a proud moment as a mommy. My child has excuses for everything! Sometimes it's not fun to be the "heavy" around here!
  • Speaking of excuses. Laurelei is full of them. Her favorite excuse for everything is, "my hands are too full." She says this regularly, especially when she has nothing in her hands and cannot possible be bothered to help pick something up or carry something to or from the car. Now we are just trying to figure out who says this around our house? It MUST be Matt...:)
Just waiting to see what new things will come out of her mouth this week! What a little spitfire our L is!

No comments:

Post a Comment