I took Abbott for his two week check up yesterday and, I confess...it about killed me! Little baby is already 7 whole pounds, how did that happen so fast? And he grew a whole 3/4 of an inch...I think it's a conspiracy!
I confess, I am a little over emotional about the whole going back to work thing. We'll just blame it on the baby blues, but every move little Abbott makes I think..."This is the last time he'll do this when he is _____days old!" And then it quickly spirals into how in a few weeks when I go back to work I'll miss day #_____ alltogether. How will I ever cope? (I know I did it with L, I can do it again!) A long talk with a good friend today helped put things back in perspective for a little while at least. He will grow, and it will be okay. Life will go on, but it will bring new joys with everystage...blah, blah, blah :)
I confess, Abbott might be the one growing, but I am the one with the growing pains. It's killing me. And I know you'll tell me I am going to miss each day as they come if I am worried about what has changed, but I promise I am soaking up every little minute too! I just know with L how quickly she moved from one stage to another, and I know this will happen with Abbott too. How I love my sweet little babies soo! I never want them to grow all the way up :)
The only visible sign I have left from this pregnancy really are my stretch marks, and I confess...I have mixed emotions about them now. I told you I hated them and would never 'wear them as a badge of motherhood...' since in my opinion they make me look like I was mauled by a bear. Well, I still kind of hate them, but I also know that if they ever really go all the way away I'll be sad. This might just have been my last pregnancy, and hard or not, each of my pregnancies were a gift. I'm not quite ready to forget that yet.
Awww they do grow so fast! I love all your pics of him...so cute. Just found your blog---your newest follower! Looking forward to reading more about your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteI know you feel like you will miss so much, but you will gain so much more with having the two children now. The beaming smiles when you pick them up at the end of the day. The funny things that each of them do and there will be the days that you could pull your hair out. Remember at the end of the day and they are both in bed sleeping, all of that goes away and you see your beautiful children ever so peaceful. Love helps us get through the ruff days so that we enjoy the better days.
ReplyDeleteprecious baby. very sweet confession. sorry i am so sloooow getting here, we took off for the weekend and i was without internet. thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete