Friday, October 21, 2011

one whole month...

Abbott was one whole month old yesterday! As much as it pains me to know that time has passed that quickly, I am so happy to have had my happy, healthy boy here for a whole month now. He sure does brighten our days!
Here are some of the things baby Abbott is up to at 1 month...

growing... Born 6lbs 10oz, 19.5inches long/ NOW 8lbs, 20.25 inches long!! We are still wearing newborn sleepers and diapers (though we could probably move up to 1's soon, mommy just can't let go of the newborn stage yet!)
eating... He'd eat all the time if we'd let him. The second anything touches his lips he thinks he is hungry. This includes paci's, blankets when he is swaddled, too big sleepers, etc. We're still eating every three hours pretty much religiously. At night we might squeeze in 4 if we are lucky. :)
sleeping/ schedules...The most I am doing in the way of 'scheduling' my baby is the whole eat, play, sleep philosophy. I guess it comes from babywise, but that is really the only aspect I've taken from that book. Abbott is spending a lot more time awake now, so we don't have to jump through hoops anymore getting those precious little eyes open! I love how after 45 minutes/ 1 hour into 'playtime' he really starts to stress himself out with his arms and legs. We are still all jerky movements around here, and he just can't handle the freedom! Once he starts kicking and getting frustrated, we swaddle him tightly and he is asleep in minutes. We haven't established 'bedtime' yet, but generally after your 9ish feeding there is no more wake time until around 8 the next morning, except for eating of course!
likes/ dislikes... Well he definitely doesn't like the nasal aspirator, we've learned that much!! Really though, Abbott is a special little baby who fortunately doesn't have many dislikes at all. He still rarely cries about anything other than personal discomfort, hunger. When he does it's still the 'warning cries,' he'll cry out, wait for us to respond, and cry out again if we don't! (People were right, the second is a little easier! :) I guess I could say he still doesn't like his paci very much. He does LOVE a few things though. He loves his bath, staring at the lights in the room, being swaddled tightly to sleep, laying on his play mat in front of a heater. He also loves to cuddle on mommy's shoulder or lay on his belly for napping. (Don't worry, always under supervision!) And I have to say, he loves taking a bottle from daddy too, he always eats like a champ!

firsts... This month we had our first bath (of course), first outing (the doctor's), first cold :(, and first bottle. I can't wait to see what firsts come next month too!

We love you little Abbott!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are just beautiful!! What a handsome little guy!! :) Happy 1 month, Abbott!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on "scheduling" a newborn... all you can do is eat, play, sleep.... otherwise us mommies are just along for the ride!! :) I am L feels better- I saw your FB status.

    ReplyDelete