Sunday, October 9, 2011

the scarys, and other L things

Laurelei has been great through much madness the past few months. She is just like her daddy. She is strong, resilient, deals with change like a champ. I am so proud of her.

She is also a complete hoot! Abbott being so tiny and new has made me see with new eyes the giant personality L has. Very creative this one is. One of her new things is her imaginary 'scarys.' I guess they are sort of like imaginary friends, accept that they are enemies instead? At first I was a little worried that she was really afraid something was tormenting her, but now we are pretty convinced that it is just part of her play. The 4 of us were out taking a walk the other day and I tried to get a video of her chasing her scarys. Of course I waited a little too late, so this is at the tail end of the incident, but I think it still captures her imagination just a little bit.
The other day L was reading to baby Abbott in a princess costume grandma bought her awhile back. (She is so into books, must be another daddy thing...:) Looking at the pictures reminded me that we are still trying to decide what to be for Halloween, and you can imagine this is a difficult choice for our 2 year old. She desperately wants to be a princess (of course!) and cannot decide between Belle or Sleeping Beauty. Belle is her favorite, but Sleeping Beauty wears a pink dress. Currently, her desires are split 50/50 and we get a different answer everyday. I am hoping that shopping for a costume will help her come to a decision. She may be like daddy in all the good ways, but she is just as indecisive as me, oops!
She is too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment