...Comfort Grunts: Abbott was born grunting. The fluid on this lungs caused him make this sweet little grunt/ whining noise. As the fluid has resolved itself, the grunt has worked it's way into what they call a 'comfort grunt.' Bascially, this means he is making some sort of purring noise non-stop, almost 24 hours a day, and especially at night! It is the sweetest noise I have ever heard, even though at night it is a little bit like sleeping next to an old man who snores all the time.
...Eating: Abbott has a tendency to work himself up so much at the beginning of a feeding that he falls asleep immediately once he finally begins eating. This means that especially in the beginning we spent almost as much time trying to wake him up to eat as we did actually feeding him. L did this too, so we've gotten pretty good at waking babies up around here. This being such a lazy eater also means that he makes quite the mess. More often than not he forfeits all of his clothes sometime in the middle of the night and just ends up being swaddled in a t-shirt. We don't have enough newborn sleepers for his tiny little body and we just can't keep up! I promise that he is warm in his big double layered blankies, so don't worry!
...Crying: I've been warned more than once that I am going to 'jinx' us by bragging about this, but so far my baby just doesn't really cry. I am fairly certain this will change with age, but for now I have decided I am going to relish in it. When he does get upset, he wrinkles up his forehead and lets out a little high-pitched yelp. Then he gives you about 2-3 minutes to respond to his immediate need before he does it again. It's like having a baby with a snooze button! Laurelei was pretty calm too, but she sure knew how to scream when she needed to. I think that so long as Abbott is giving us this gift I am going to acknowledge and enjoy it! He has been the absolute picture of an easy baby so far! Well, outside of the womb at least. :)
...frog legs and arms crossed: This is Abbott's favorite way to sleep. I love having him up on my chest, cuddling for a good afternoon nap. We could stay this way for hours, and occasionally we do!
...Hiccups: We get these with just about every feeding. They last anywhere from 10-20minutes each round. Poor little baby!
...Sleeping: Abbott sleeps very well. We only wake up about every 4 hours at night to eat, meaning we only have one middle of the night feeding most nights! Such a change from L. He loves to be swaddled, so no matter how fussy he is, if you wrap him up tight he falls right to sleep. As he falls asleep he makes the sweetest faces. My favorite is what I like to call the Joey Tribiani face. He winks with one eye, sweeping his head to the side with a big ole smile on his face. I always imagine he's saying, "how you doin?" He is so precious when he's trying to fight sleep. Little one always loses. :)
There are so many little things that make him perfectly unique. I'm sure if I keep thinking I'll come up with a million more!
The sleep grunting is sooooooo sweet!! I bet you couldn't wipe the smile off of your face if you tried while he's doing that. Adorable.
ReplyDelete