Sunday, November 20, 2011

lazy days

I have been so lucky to have time off with both L and Abbott before returning to work. Maternity leave is such a gift. Abbott and I have spent these long days , lazy days sleeping in and eating out with family and friends. We've cuddled and snuggled as long as we've wanted without worry. I think through this time I've learned the importance of comfy clothes and how to accept a less than perfect house. The lazy baby holding days have been the absolute best. As hard as going back to work seems right now, I know that no matter when I go back these days would come to an end. Babies grow and time moves on. As much as I want to hold onto the sweet baby wrinkle and first smiles, I know they will slip through my fingers no matter how hard I try. Moving on with life and embracing every change is probably a very healthy thing for me to do!
 Matt and I have been blessed in so many ways. There have been some hard times for me in the last few months, and I can't count the number of times through my pregnancy when I was just completely broken down in tears in Matt's arms. God provided in each and every hard time, and now we have a beautiful baby boy. I don't ever want to take for granted what a gift both our babies have been and always will be, and how lucky I am to have spent such wonderful lazy days with them.
 These days with Abbott have been so special. I know that even though I want to hold onto them, tomorrow I'll be at work and life will officially resume. Before I know it the days and weeks will have passed and Abbott will be as big as Laurelei, asking to use the potty in every public place between here and Timbuktu, (but more on that later...:)

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Tomorrow!! I go back next Wednesday and I am so nervous. I am going to try to enjoy every minute this week.

    ReplyDelete