Wednesday, November 30, 2011

positivity is key

Sometimes we just have to do things we'd rather not do. Well okay, let's be real. We pretty much get to do things we don't want to do all the time. It's a shame that it has taken me the better part of 26 years to discover that positivity is key to getting us through these things we'd rather not do. I guess it's better late than never, right?

I decided that the only thing that was going to get me through going back to work was positive thinking. It's not that I don't like my job or don't want to work in general, I just really didn't want to leave my sweet babies. L and Abbott mean the world to me. They are beautiful, snuggly, sweet little children and the mommy in me just wanted to be with them.
Someone told me before I went back that being away from them during the day would just make the time I had with them sweeter. I didn't want to believe them, I mean who could ever think that there could be a positive outcome for having to leave you kids? But, as it always seems to go, they were right. Snuggling with Abbott each evening and listening to Laurelei sing songs at bedtime is just that much greater, now that I know what those moments are worth. Each second I spend rubbing their sweet cheeks or kissing their sweet faces mean so much to me every night.
Plus, I get 20 sweet kids to love on during the day too. Positivity really is the key.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl I hear ya! My best friend goes through the same struggles! She's a preschool special education teacher and just had her second baby. I know how much she wants to be home with her babes but needs to work. You two should connect and chat- I think you'd have a lot in common! You can find her at: http://erinrey.blogspot.com/

    Take care Patrice! Your babies are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree.... I had a miserable time going back to work after Ivy but finally (when she was 2) decided it had to be different because my family needed me to do that! It has helped me to become a better teacher and mommy :) Awesome that you are doing the same!

    ReplyDelete