Here's a little of how Abby is stealing our hearts away this month...
growing...Thanks to a horrid little ear infection we got a weight check again this month. Looks like our big boy has put on almost a whole pound this month, weighing in at a whopping 16lb 5oz! I could hardly believe it, though he certainly feels like it when you pick the little stinker up! Somehow I am still managing to squeeze him into some of his 3-6 month clothes, (like at night when I realize we don't have any clean 6 month sleepers...) but mostly we've moved on to 6 month clothes. I finally caved too, and bought size 3 diapers. It had to happen sooner or later, and I pretty sure we'd already squeezed into the later anyway. :)eating...Abbott is eating. Eating a lot. He loves food. We've added bananas, carrots, and lima beans this month. And I will say, despite my best efforts, the child does NOT like lima beans. Matt is not surprised by this. Abby also LOVES Mum-mums. L ate them quite a bit, but her excitement over the little rice crackers really pales in comparison to her brothers. You'd think I was giving him candy the way his eyes light up and his little hands start grasping for them! It is really cute, and a true teething life saver!
new things...Abbott has taken his 7th month as a real opportunity to bond with his mommy. In the middle of the night. Long after we've gone to bed. Way before we want to get up. He has woken up nearly every night this month! At first, I thought it was growth spurts. Then I thought it was teething. Then I realized it was really an ear infection. There are a lot of positive things we've learned too though, like...sitting up, grasping toys and changing hands to accomodate others, reaching out to mommy (my new personal favorite!), rolling all over the living room floor, sleeping un-swaddled, sitting in restaurant high chairs and grocery store carts (eww!), wearing real shoes, and probably nearly a hundred other things I've forgotten to mention!
His sweet little personality is emerging more and more everyday. He still smiles at everything and everyone. No matter what he is upset about, he can be distracted by a hug and a smile. Abby is a snuggler and it melts my heart every time!
He is absolutely precious. Oh, my goodness.
ReplyDeleteawww. I have yet to post 7 mo. stats.
ReplyDeleteGrocery carts already!? What a big guy. Love the update.