Monday, April 16, 2012

welcome to little burlew!

After reading Katie's quick post about the Ultimate Blog Party, I decided I would join in. I haven't done a big 'blog party' like this before, but it sounded like fun!
Ultimate Blog Party 2012
So, welcome to little burlew. My name is Patrice and I am a happy wife and mommy in a concise little family of four. I love my sweet husband, Matt, and my beautiful children Laurelei and Abbott with all my heard. I started this blog a long time ago as a way to record some memories of my then newborn baby girl, Laurelei. I'm not going to lie, I kind of stunk at it! After I joined the creative DIY site, Lemon Tree Creations, I got a little bit better about keeping up with my own life. Even still though, I had some major gaps between my posts and whole months missing from our lives on the blog. It wasn't until I entered into my second pregnancy and was put on 16 weeks of bed rest, waiting for baby Abbott, that I hit my blogging groove.

As a working mom I feel like I have a lot of jobs. This blog has quickly become an outlet for two of my favorite ones. I embrace the fact that I am an obnoxious mommy blogger who over saturates my entire space with too many pictures and my babies. I discovered that outside of recording details of my kids lives, I love, love, love to take pictures. I am hoping to find new ways to step my hobby up a notch in the near future!
Recently I started a post about what I wanted to get out of this blog, but I never posted it. The whole point was really just that I wanted to connect with more people going through the same stages of life as me. I recognize all the time that I have a whole lot to learn. I am a young mom with two young children and I have a long road ahead of me! I hope that through this little link party I can get more out of this blog, and I can't wait to meet you!
Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a working mama too! I love finding others in the blogging world. you babies are beautiful! I am a new follower from UBP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by the way.. completely random but i have a chair in that same fabric in your header!! the green one but instead of green mine is a royal blue

      Delete
  2. Yay I'm glad you joined! Your babies are looking as sweet as ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the blog party. Your kiddos are beautiful and I LOVE their names! I am also a shameless Mommy blogger and relentless picture taker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same reason I blog! :) Love your blog and so glad you found your groove, becasue I love reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the UBP. What beautiful babies you have! New follower. Glad to meet you:)

    www.laurenrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo of your daughter is lovely! It seems to me you're doing a great job, and if your pictures are that great who wouldn't want to see your kids plastered all over the place? Do what you love, I say. :) #UBP12

    ReplyDelete