Abbott has been under the weather for a few days now. Seems it's his turn for the ear infections. I feel kind of terrible about it because I should have noticed sooner that he had one. I mean, I got like 30 turns of practice with L's ear infections, you'd think I'd be a pro! But never-the-less I wrote his symptoms off as teething or being tired or growth spurts. Mommy fail.
Anyway, I am guessing now that his ear infection is what made him so lethargic this weekend. He spent most of it sleeping. Matt was cleaning up the back porch on the gorgeous afternoon Sunday had to offer, so after Abby and L's naps we joined him in the back yard. L swung and played...
and Abby just sat. For a long time he just sat there next to me in our glider, rocking back in forth, watching L play. It was so peaceful, so perfect.
Sometimes I love to go out. I love to run errands or shop. I love to eat out and take walks and play in the park. And sometimes, I like to sit.
I like to sit and watch L play in the backyard, in the shade of trees she thinks can touch the sky.
I like to sit and let my sweet baby lean against me when he's having trouble keeping his balance.
Seems like the stars aligned for the perfect Sunday afternoon.
I love to just sit at home and watch my baby play. I hope Abbott is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteoh, yes, something so peaceful and amazing about being outside and watching your babies play on a beautiful day. nothing like it. and a baby cuddle on top of that? sounds completely perfect.
ReplyDeletelove abbott's sweet, sweet little face especially in that 3rd picture. oh, my! : )