Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a very full holiday weekend. At some point Matt and I both commented on how it felt like Christmas, it was so incredibly busy and filled with family... just the way we like it! We started the weekend with some easter egg dying on Saturday afternoon. We do this every year and it is one of my favorite things. This was the first year L really got into it, so it was even more fun!
That night we celebrated Easter with the Yeary side of the family. Mamaw and Papaw stuffed 100 eggs for Laurelei to hunt, and Lindsey, Alli, and Kathy were nice enough to hide all of them. L's basket was so big it was too hard to carry herself, so Kathy helped her out a little. It was so much fun to watch, and L had an absolute blast!
We woke up bright and early on Sunday because the Easter bunny came to visit. It was so sweet of him to stop by. Laurelei was very excited about all of her little goodies. Abbot didn't get too into it this year, but he loves him some empty Easter eggs!
We got ready in record time and went to the 8:30 service at church. We impressed even ourselves with that one. It was so wonderful to share a wonderful service with Gigi, Poppy, and Uncle Harry. Afterwards we went to Gigi and Poppy's for some playtime and breakfast. L and Abbott were totally spoiled with kisses and chocolate, and they loved it!
Our last stop of the day was in Louisville for the Burlew/ Forcht family Easter. (I am not going to lie, I loved the part of the trip that allowed me a nap in car, it kind of felt like the only sleep I got all weekend!) We ate a yummy lunch, and of course had another Easter egg hunt! There were almost 600 eggs to share between 9 kids, it was nuts! I looked like it had rained eggs in the back yard. The kids loved it! Abbott also had 3 babysitters for the day, they took very good care of him, if you can't tell.
By the time we got home at 6:30, I was wiped out! We ordered a pizza, had bathes, and put the kiddos to bed as fast as we could. By 9:30 I am pretty sure I was out of it. It was a wonderfully busy weekend, and one of the most wonderful Easter's we've had in years. I cannot express how thankful I am for a holiday to reflect on all the sacrifices that have been made for us. It reminds me to remember what really matters, and be so incredibly thankful for the grace I've been given even in my weaknesses. I hope your family had a truly wonderful Easter holiday as well!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I am pretty sure L and I need to be friends. Her pictures make me smile!

    ReplyDelete