We have made it to 26 weeks now and we are all feeling very confident about the future! Abbott seems to be growing healthy if my growth is any indication! We go back to the doctor on Monday, and I can't wait to see how much he weighs and has grown. According to my pregnancy apps, the baby should be about 2 pounds and 14 inches long! I can't believe it.
This week the weight of our situation hit me from a different angle. Until now, I've spent so many nights fighting sleep worrying about this pregnancy. I hadn't really stopped to think about the future too much. Despite the fear and anxiety we've experienced since we got pregnant, we really didn't have much trouble getting here. We know so many couples who have tried for years to finally get pregnant. Sure we waited through our share of negatives and experienced loss, but we never doubted the outcome. Now that we are here and have again had the complications we experienced with Laurelei, we know that this has to be our last pregnancy. It feels weird to be so young and already saying goodbye to such a big stage of life. I have always been aware that I started a family young, but that's just who I am. I have been in love with Matt for almost 10 years now, and growing a family with him has literally just made my dreams come true. I'd be a fool to deny that I am loving this stage of life, even if it came 'early' for us.
Knowing this is the last time I will carry such a precious little baby in my belly, I am trying to revel in the pregnancy stage. I'm not going to lie, being on bed rest is challenging me! I don't see many people, I don't get to talk about all the little baby movements and how baby and I are changing with anyone besides my mom and Matt. I haven't been shopping for baby, falling in love with tiny onesies and little socks. I think for now I just have to remember that this pregnancy, and my two sweet, sweet babies L and Abbott are what God has planned for me. I need to lay here day after day and love every little baby kick, knowing that our life will be so full of love, no matter how our plans have changed for the future!
{I think we are done with pregnancy highlights for awhile! There's not a lot changing around here at the moment except my size. Don't worry, if there is anything worth sharing, we'll let you know!}
No comments:
Post a Comment