{I must disclose that there are about a billion sweeter pictures that I am in love with, but I had to crop my favorite photos to simple head shots for the blog! Even so, I just had to record these memories for myself, I don't want to forget a second.}
Matt's number one rule for bath time, which Laurelei recites every time she gets in the tub is, "The water stays in the tub." You can imagine how this ornery two year old loves to torment sweet daddy by breaking this rule. I can imagine her making this face after quickly telling daddy, "I not do that daddy. I not put the water out of the tub! hehehe..."
"...I am way to sweet to break the rules."
This is the look we often get after fighting Laurelei to wash her hair. This is somewhere between the tears drying up and her insisting we do not need to rinse the soap out. She HATES having water poured over her head! I can't say I blame her, considering the pour child has hair about half of her body length that takes a good drenching to rinse all the way out.
I realize that we will definitely have a baby here in 13 weeks or less, so I am soaking up these little times with baby #1 while there are no other distractions! It's crazy how you can get even more attached to your first child knowing there is another one on the way. I know without a doubt that this family has enough love, hugs and kisses to go around, but there is just something about knowing that Laurelei won't be the only baby forever that makes me just want to trap these sweet times in a little box and hold onto them forever and ever. Am I crazy?
oh, my goodness, Patrice, you are definitely NOT crazy. i can totally relate to this. in fact, i am almost in tears just thinking about it. honestly, there are still times i wish so bad i could go back and be with just my baby avery, just me and my girl. i think it is totally normal. it is a precious time with just you and your firstborn and you don't get that with any of your others. it's just the way it is. i missed avery when i had tyson. it was almost a grieving process for me. you will wish each of your kids could be your firstborn, or at least i feel that way at times.
ReplyDeletei wouldn't change a thing now, of course and there is not much better than seeing your two babies interact and love on each other.
beautiful, beautiful photos of laurelei. i especially love the first one. she is just precious. enjoy.
Patrice- it is so normal to feel that way!! When Tula was almost here I couldn't stop thinking about how Ivy's life would change. But there is enough love to go around and it is so awesome to see the way the baby adores their big sibling. :)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all thanks for the encouraging advice on my blog! Good to know others have survived this!
ReplyDeleteI totally get this post!! As you know I am 27 weeks with twins and I have a 3 year old at home. I am so worried about him and how he will handle it all. I am just trying to soak up every minute of this summer with him as my only. Great to find your blog.
Looks like we have a lot of the same things going on.