Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation

One of the things my mom's family cherished while she was growing up was family vacation. They would all pile in a car and drive to Florida every summer. For as long as I can remember, we have done the same thing every year. The destination wasn't always Florida, in fact most years we ended in the Carolina's somewhere, but not a year has past that I haven't spend a vacation at the beach somewhere!

Well, summer bed rest undoubtedly changed some of our plans. Today my family is driving back from their vacation in Charleston, SC and I am still sitting here on the couch. Of course, I can't feel to sorry for myself because I know we have been incredibly blessed to vacation each year. In good and hard times, my mother found a way to give us all a week away each year. It's been fun to spend this week thinking back to all the fun places we've been and all the crazy memories we've made together.











Even if I don't see a beach this year, I feel very excited to think about what next year will look like. We'll probably be back to one of my favorite places, the Outer Banks, and we'll have another precious one in tow! Hopefully Abbott will take to the beach more quickly than little Laurelei.

No comments:

Post a Comment