Monday, July 25, 2011

Checking up at 28 weeks...

Well, we went in for our 28 week, bi-weekly doctors visit and it was probably my least favorite visit since we got the bad news about mine and Abbott's condition at 22 weeks.

The fun started promptly with the yummy orange drink that goes along with the 28 week glucose test. I hate any kind of flavored pop besides Diet Coke, so I am less than over the moon about a flattened out orange-soda-esque beverage that I have to down in less than 10 minutes! Next, we had our ultrasound. We got a good look at Abbott's hands and feet, but unfortunately he wasn't playing along for much of a face shot. We did find out that the little guy is growing well, nice and big! Anyway, I about passed out from laying down flat on my back during the ultrasound for so long. That was the first time I've had that much trouble in the last 6 weeks. After waiting in the lobby again for a nice long while, I was called back to get my blood drawn. They ended up ordering 4 different tests which resulted in 4 different tubes of blood being drawn! Then, the nurse weighed me, and yikes! I think I discovered why I had such a hard time laying on my back during the ultrasound since I have gained 4 whole pounds since last time! The news just kept getting better and better.

We came in today hoping to hear that my abruption and blood clot had gotten smaller, which is thankfully what we have heard at every other appointment. In the back of my mind I thought the clot would get smaller and I would be able to get back to work. Unfortunately, it was the opposite this time, as the clot has gotten just a little bit bigger. It's definitely not devastating news as it's still much, much smaller than it was at 22 weeks, and Abbott and I are already at 28 1/2 weeks, but it wasn't what I wanted to hear. It leaves things up in the air for us yet again for the next two weeks, and me unsure what to do about work. School starts in 2 weeks and there is just so much to be done! And more than just that, if I don't get to go back to work it is going to eventually effect us financially, and that adds some worry to my plate for sure. 
{little foot}
{little profile}
 {little arm and little hand}
So, we are just once again praying for peace over this situation. We are very happy that Abbott is still growing right on track despite the stress he is under, and are so thankful for both of our continued safety. I guess its just more of this one day at a time stuff,  weeks 7 and 8 of bed rest, here we come!

3 comments:

  1. I know the stress of the finances doesn't help, but the important thing is that you and baby are okay. Everything else will take care of itself. Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl, i'm so sorry. bedrest is depressing. praying that God will give you peace and comfort while keeping the baby completely safe. when you see that precious face it will be so worth it. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all praying for you guys! I'm so glad that, despite that this isn't as good of news as you've had the last few visits, you are still on bed rest at home and not in the hospital or delivering little Abbott yet! Stay in there and keep getting stronger little guy!

    Hope you can have some peace and rest as well. All of those people who say they'll help out mean it and will take care of you guys and your work stuff as best as they can. Hope you can rest up!

    ReplyDelete