The weekend, as you know, started out with the good. I am still full over the day I got to spend with Laurelei, just the two of us. I am well aware that these days may be few and far between, so I feel totally blessed that I got to soak up such a good one on Friday.
The good continued onto Friday night. Matt and I got some much needed one on one time with a great dinner out. Our lives have been 100% about babies and family lately that we really needed to just invest in each other for a couple of hours. It was so, so refreshing. In fact, this is the last real picture Matt and I took together just the two of us, at a friends wedding LAST NOVEMBER! And, I don't think it really qualifies as a 'real picture' anyway, but we were both dressed up and looking happy...
Anyway, the good of Friday quickly segwayed into the crazy of Saturday. We ended up spending 3 hours in an emergency room. As we were eating dinner Saturday night Matt looked over and noticed that Laurelei's ear had something suspicious looking in it. He barely touched it with his pinky finger and it began just gushing with blood. It was terrible. Of course we freaked out and ran her to the hospital, where they were terribly less concerned than we were. After 2.5 hours of waiting we still hadn't seen a doctor, I mean even visually located one. It was torturous. Thankfully Laurelei was a real trouper. Matt entertained her with the cutest little magic tricks, which she then would perform for us too. She was extremely patient and even sat very still when the doctor finally came around. Turns out one of the tubes in her ear burst out. The bleeding stopped and we were able to go home with just some very expensive ear drops and a follow-up visit to the ENT this week. I'm fairly certain the real fun comes there, where they are going to have to use some form of scope to clean out her poor little ear. It was a crazy night and poor little L's ear is really put her through the ringer!
Now, onto the bad. Remember that virus Laurelei suffered from on Thursday night? Well, it seems it hadn't completely run its course. Sometime after we got home from the hospital on Saturday night I started to get really sick as well. I will definitely not be too candid with the details, but let's just say being 8 months pregnant and unable to keep anything down is far from a party. It's now Monday morning and I am just now feeling well enough to actually sit up and eat a cup of dry cheerios. And of course poor Matt, who so graciously took care of both L and I in our extreme moments of sickness was down for the count all night last night as well. Seems it was his turn for the terrible. Poor guy.
The rain today seems a fitting end to our holiday weekend. It should be just the perfect backdrop to relax and hopefully recuperate. All of our plans of finishing the bathroom, cleaning up the house and getting the final touches ready for little Abbott look like they will have to wait for another weekend. Let's just hope Abbott agrees to wait for another weekend as well!!
{linking to miscellany monday at lowercase letters}

Aw, hope y'all feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteOn a different note, she is precious!!!
Loving your blog...now following! :)
http://elizabeththomasblog.blogspot.com/
You can't seem to catch a break right now! Yikes a bleeding ear would have freaked me out, poor thing! I'm glad it wasn't giving her a lot of pain though, at least.
ReplyDeleteHoping for a restful, low-key week for you all!