This has been a big struggle for me recently, but today I decided that I would be thankful for time.
{photo via}
Let me explain.
I am having a hard time waiting. I know, I know, you've heard it before but this has felt like the longest pregnancy ever. Every day I am off of work and just sitting around the house feels like an eternity to me. I start to think about how everyday I sit here without the baby and not working is one more day I can't provide for my family. It's one more day I'm alone, doing next to nothing, one more day without Abbott, putting extra responsibility and stress on Matt, missing active playtimes with L, waiting, waiting, waiting. The thought of what I am not doing makes me feel so guilty it's overwhelming!
People keep telling me to, "enjoy this time because once the baby gets here..." It's something I've definitely heard before, and while a lot of people say it in a negative tone (insinuating all of the difficult things that I know are going to come with having another little person to rely on you) I think a lot of people are just being genuinely honest that I should just stop worrying and enjoy-the-time. So, I've decided today that I am going to be thankful for the time. The time to rest. The time to talk on the phone to great friends who I miss a lot. The time to have breakfast with L in the mornings and lunch with my mom. The time for Abbott to grow healthier each week without the added stress my body was giving him. And the time to plan more specifically for the future instead of just running headstrong into it.
I guess all this 'time' isn't such a bad thing. I just have to remember that I didn't chose it, but maybe it was given to me for a reason?
{linking to Thankful Thursdays with Blissfully Burton}
so very true! take this time to rest or at least try to. can't imagine how hard it is, especially with litte L, but you are doing what you need to do!
ReplyDelete