Wednesday, September 7, 2011

On my mind

As I was trying to fall sleep last night, I could just not turn off my thoughts. They kept rolling on and on and on. And I have to say that some of them surprised even me! I pulled out my phone and jotted them down in my notes. I figured emptying my brain was the quickest way to shut them down and hopefully drift into a peaceful sleep.

I admit, I giggled when I looked back over my list this morning. This is what keeps me up at night? I thought I'd share with you my randomness today...

...Today I got to sleep under the covers on for the first time in 9 months. It might have been the highlight of my day. 

...OMG my new 'life planner' is going to be here soon! I can hardly wait. I know as soon as it ships I will be stalking the Fed-ex man every time he drives down my street and I am so okay with that. Have you seen these? I'm so, so excited!!

...Losing 3lbs since last week (and don't be jealous, I have that terrible bug to thank for that! No dieting here I swear!) totally justifies indulging my chocolate milkshake habit, right? Both today and tomorrow? and maybe the next day too?


...Having stretch marks with this pregnancy is completely ruining my week.  Before I know it my belly is going to look like I was mauled my a bear. This is so unbecoming, no matter what What to Expect says about it being a "mother's badge of honor." I totally disagree, and think that women just say that to make us feel better. I do not feel better. 
...I need to find some good amateur photo-editing software. Anyone know something that is really easy to use and not outrageously expensive?


...Matt twitches when he falls asleep. It makes me mad. It lets me know he's all comfortable and sleeping while I am awake and not happy about it.


...I am not cool enough for my 'style pins.' I love pinning cute fashion ideas on Pinterest, but who am I kidding? I will never be able to put those kind of outfits together without trying very, very hard. 
...I miss adult time at work. I work with some really great people, and I really miss seeing them everyday. Texting is just not enough. (I know, gasp! right?)
...I have a million projects I want to do. When I get my new planner I need to make a list of them in order to be completed. I should schedule in advance which projects I am going to complete for which week. (Does it surprise you that I don't already do this? I am chronically unorganized really!)

...I wonder if I will ever learn to love to cook? Probably not. Good thing I have Matt or we might starve. (Well and good thing I have him, for loads of other reasons too!)


...My patience level is running at a level zero. I suggested tonight that Matt try to scare the baby out of me. This is a bad sign. 

Does this officially make me crazy?

4 comments:

  1. That picture of you and L is PRECIOUS! Pinterest worthy really:) I also do not love to cook, but neither does my husband, so you're better off than us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not crazy at all.

    1.) That picture of you and Laurelei is absolutely adorable.
    2.) I totally think you are cool enough for the style pins. : )
    3.) I didn"t have stretch marks until Mia and it still makes me mad.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby twitches when he falls asleep too...

    course, I think I do too--right after I start falling asleep...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaa, life planner? What is this? I'm trying to resist looking it up b/c it sounds just like something I'd want.

    Love that pic of you and L and your bellies!! So cute!

    Stretch marks are no good. Every time that commercial comes on for that cream that gets rid of them I think I'll remember the name when I walk away and I don't. It's something like Mirena or Midella or something. Sigh. Yeah, they're worth it, but yeah, they're annoying.

    I used Picnik's premium software for a bit and it was pretty easy. A lot of people like Picasa but I've never tried it. It's free though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete