Thursday, September 29, 2011

her baby Abbott

Laurelei took one look at Abbott and claimed him as hers.
 She had to unwrap him and check out every tiny feature. She counted all of his fingers and all of his toes. She kissed and hugged him over and over again.
When we finally got home she just stared at him for awhile. 
When she was ready to hold him again she sang him all the songs she could think of. Including her ABC's over and over again. 
When I feed him she wants to be right next to me. When he cries, her first response is always "Mommy, I think hims needs me."
She has camped her stool out next to his changing table, seeing as how
she must help with every single diaper change.
Laurelei has learned where we keep all of Abbott's toys already. She loves to get out his toys and his play mat and help him 'play.' She gets a little frustrated sometimes when he won't hold the toys, which you can imagine happens quite a bit.
There has definitely been some adjusting to our new life around here. Laurelei has struggled a little bit with sleeping through the night this week. Luckily, she can't quite put her finger on what has changed, and she loves 'her baby Abbott' so very much. She holds him every night before bed and first thing in the morning when she wakes up.
She is the perfect big sister. 

4 comments:

  1. That is great that she is embracing her big sister role. It's something that I worry about for the future. All of the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! I'm glad she loves her baby Abbott! What's not to love about that sweet thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these pictures are so precious. She is taking this role very seriously. I love it. He is a lucky little guy. : )

    ReplyDelete