It seems someone wanted to take a sick day with mommy today...
I know, she looks like a little faker doesn't she? But trust me, after what poor Matt had to go through last night in the way of clean-up, this little girl definitely earned herself a day off of school! I wasn't complaining too much either, as it was finally a reason for us to get to be together alone all day for the first time in a long time. We did a lot of playing...
And cooking...
And of course mommy did some back rubbing, for both L and Belle...
And hanging out watching movies...
Fun was had by all. I think my favorite part was the large part of the afternoon Laurelei spent cuddling with me and serenading me with her version of "the ABC's" over and over again. She has picked up quite a bit a school already, I'm pretty impressed!
Isn't she perfect?
I'm very happy to report that this day of rest and recuperation has made us both feel a little better. I anticipate a great long weekend ahead for sure!
What a little beauty! So happy y'all got to spend a wonderful day together!!
ReplyDeleteI don't know why it melted my heart but the photo of her on her tippy-toes reaching into the play fridge just got to me. Magic.