I can't quite figure out how big I think he is going to be. He was right on track growth size at our last ultrasound, but that was a couple of weeks ago. That would make him right around 6 lbs now. Comparing him to L throws me for a loop though, as she was born around 38 weeks and was still only 5lb 14oz. Maybe he will surprise us all and be bigger than expected! Who knows? All I know is that I am praying I get to hold him right away and feel for myself, no waiting this time. :)
{The last belly pic, whew!}
When I got L ready for school this morning I had mixed emotions. I had a feeling that this morning was different, though I didn't know we'd be going into the hospital today. I hugged her a little more, gave her lots of kisses.
I even packed a bag for her before I left for my doctors appointment, just in case. As I wait for her to come visit me in the hospital right now my throat is a little tight. I love that little girl so much and am going to miss her like crazy this week. Her life is about to change in such a drastic way and there is no way for any of us to really prepare for it now.
My prayer for her is that having another family member in the house only makes her feel more love. I can't wait for her to meet Abbott tomorrow. I kind of feel like she has spent 36 weeks thinking I am crazy when I talk about having a baby in my belly, I wonder what she will really do when she sees the real baby in my arms.
Goodness I wish I had just one more night at home with her, though I am pretty sure that no matter when this happened I feel that exact same way!
Guess I will be back sometime soon with an update on our newest little one. My heart is so full tonight!
So excited :) Prayers for you and your family tonight!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting and just an adorable post of you and L! I'm over joyed for you and cannot wait to see Abbott! See you soon:)
ReplyDeleteWow. This is so exciting! I cry whenever you mention the changes that are going to happen with L and how she doesn't know what is coming and you wish you had one more night with her, etc. I can relate so much to that. I was a mess before I had Tyson because I was so concerned about all that you have talked about. The one thing I clung to that somebody told me was that I was "giving her a gift". I just played that in my mind over and over and it made me feel better. A sibling is definitely a gift.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and praying for you all tonight. I can't wait to see beautiful pics of your sweet baby boy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! : )
I'm with Tiffany 100%, Abbott will be a gift to L and nothing less. I kept telling myself the plan was never to let Jonathan be an only child but it was difficult leading up to the birth because I knew his world would be rocked in a big way--the good news is that he is in love with his brother (lil jealousy here and there) but overall in love--and your house will only be filled with more love now once Abbott is home!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower and I love your blog. I've been going backwards reading posts! Good luck with the birth. I hope it's everything smooth and easy. :) You have a beautiful family!!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Morghen (kilwifey.blogspot.com)