two. Saturday morning I took an outing with my mom to Carters. L has been in desperate need of some new fall clothes seeing as how the cooler weather seems to have drifted in a little earlier than expected. We had a great time. Unfortunately though, we have realized that L will only wear pink things at the moment, meaning our shopping options were kind of limited. There were so many cute things that, alas, weren't pink. Does it make me a bad mom that I have decided this is just one battle I don't want to fight? I mean if I know I have to get her ready in the morning and that she will inevitably throw a fit over wearing a blue shirt, it just doesn't make since to buy that blue shirt in the first place right now. Matt and I sort of disagree on this. What's your opinion?
{little miss pinky-pinkerson...}
three. Saturday afternoon we got Abbott's room put back together, finally, after the bathroom reno. He is stationed right across the hall from the construction zone, so it was a little bit of a mess. I am almost done getting all of the baby things out and ready again, yay! It makes me smile to see things like this laying around the house again... {I love bassinets and little baby baskets!}
four. I completed a few projects for Lemon Tree that I can't wait to share. I will have to wait and show them and all their little details on there over the next few weeks, but here is a little sneak peek of what is making me smile around the house!five. Remember that scene in the movie "The Santa Claus" with Tim Allen where he wakes up, looks in the mirror and realizes for the first time that his average size frame is now just utterly huge? And no matter how many times he shaves his beard grows right back, and when he gets on the scale he weighs like a million pounds? (Or am I the only one who has life moments that mimic ridiculous Christmas movies?) Well, I had my very own Santa Claus moment last night. Our Sunday was particularly long and I swear when I looked in the mirror after changing into my pj's I just looked...huge. It was shocking.
I agree with you about L and picking your battles. Besides- you're created cute stories to tell the future husband "One time L wouldn't wear ANYTHING but pink!"
ReplyDeletei hope you are feeling well, you look fantastic (not huge)
Fun! I can't believe Abbott will be here so soon now, love the baby baskets. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, if she'll only wear pink you might as well buy pink stuff. That's called choosing your battles. :) And with potty training and bed time craziness, you already have your hands full.
Also, I think you look great! But I remember how every once in a while I would kind of forget what I looked like and was shocked when I walked by a mirror. You'll get your body back to yourself soon now!
I wouldn't fight the pink battle either!! She may grow out of it... she may not. Ivy HATES orange.... I mean really really doesn't like it- started 2 years ago- and still at age 4 REFUSES to wear it. So like you, I just stay away from orange clothing!
ReplyDelete