Monday, August 22, 2011

The big sister...

The big sister in the household had her first day of 'preschool' today at a new place and she did great! It was so hard taking her out of home care, but it was the right decision for all of us. She had so much fun and the teacher told us she didn't cry once and she followed every single rule all day long. That's my girl! (Actually, I am kind of wondering what that girl did with my girl, but I am hoping this 'following all the rules' is a new trend! :)
 Here are some of the fun things Laurelei said about 'school.' I wanted to record them before I forgot how sweet they were...

one. Sunday, regarding her first trip to school the next day..."Mommy, you are going to get me off the school bus at the end of the day, right?" Not sure where she picked it up, but I thought it was sweet she thought she was riding a bus!
two. To her Gigi who picked her up on her first day..."My friend knocked someone down. She had to go to time out. That's just not very nice." Progress my friends, progress!
three. Multiple times over the past few days..."I'm going to get to see my friends!"
four. Regarding the nap she took..."I took a nap, but no one covered me up..." I guess this is one of the things she'll have to get used to in a day care setting!
five. "I really need a new backpack to carry my stuffs in."
six. Pretending to talk on her cell phone this evening..."How was your first day of school?" Apparently we have asked her that a lot and now she assumes it was the first day of school for everyone.

She is too sweet! I can tell she is going to be such a good big sister for oh so many reasons. L has always been so gentle with her baby dolls, and today was no exception. She played with them, fed them, changed their diapers, and even put one or two of them in time out for not being nice to the others.
I think I have rubbed off on her just a little bit to. She may or may not have told me to, "hold on a minute mommy!" because "I am taking pictures of my bayyy-bies!"
Obviously she knows this is just what a good mommy, oops I mean big sister,  does... :)

1 comment: