Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perspective

Among so many things to be thankful for, today I am thankful for the outlet and distraction that bearing my blogging soul to you will allow. :)

For a couple of weeks Laurelei has been sleeping in Matt's old t-shirts. I can't quite remember what started this, but I can tell you there is nothing sweeter than seeing L wonder into our room, all sleepy eyed in the mornings, wearing daddy's big t-shirts.
These are the little things I always call to mind when I need a little perspective. This week was my first week off bed rest and the first few days back at school. I've spent the majority of the summer thinking mostly about Abbott and I and trying to get us closer to this 'safety zone.' I knew going back to work full time after 9 weeks off my feet would be challenging, but I wasn't really expecting the balancing act this week has turned into! All of the sudden there is school, students, monitoring contractions, L starting preschool soon, me and Abbott all to think about. It's been a little overwhelming!

It's easy to go down the list of stresses and forget how richly blessed we are. Is there a financial burden? Sure. Are the contractions wearing me out day and night? Yes. Does the uncertainty of the future tend to keep me up a few hours each night? Definitely. Am I the absolute WORST person ever at dealing with change? Apparently so! Yet in the mist of all the 'hard' I am reminded how precious L is, what a gift Abbott is to our growing family, how much Matt loves me and how God always seems to provide exactly what we need. It will get easier. This will all get easier!
{linking to Thankful Thursday at Blissfully Burton}

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good start of school- I am sure it is a bit of culture shock to go from bed rest to classroom. The littlest people in our lives help keep it all in perspective :) And by the way, I love Abbott's nursery!

    ReplyDelete