L starts preschool on Monday. I dreaded picking her up from her sitter's house ALL day because I couldn't bare the thought of taking her out of her 'in home' environment. Preschool seems like such a big step, and while I know
she is ready,
I am just not. We decided to make the switch for a couple of reasons, but mostly just because we knew she was ready for something like preschool. She LOVES the nursery at church, is always begging us to teach or sing songs to her, and she is always begging to be around more 'friends.' I think the structured activities will be great for her.
Today I took some quick pictures of L after noticing how long her hair has gotten. She looked too cute in her pigtails and I just wanted to remember it. When looking through the pictures tonight I just became completely overwhelmed thinking how quickly Laurelei is growing. I know all parents say it, "but it seems like just yesterday..." her head could literally fit in the palm of my hand. Now she is 25 lbs and 34 inches long!
That cannot be the same baby girl!
I am well aware of the fact that, for the most part, I am a highly irrational person. I think I started to embrace this realization when I was pregnant with Laurelei. I was 100% certain that if I pumped my own gas someone would come by and accidentally throw a lit match into my gas tank, causing a deadly explosion. I mean don't think I am crazy, it didn't have to be
a lit match, of course a cigarette or any other firey, smoky material could have produced the same effect. Regardless, Matt thought I was completely losing my mind. His reaction did make me think it was probably best that I not share a wide variety of thoughts I had in my head that I quickly labeled under a category 'possibly irrational thoughts.' I cry when it's too cold, I'm mildly convinced there is a snake living in our house somewhere and both pregnancies so far have brought visions of giving birth to a toddler that absolutely terrify me!
My irrational tendencies quickly lead me to the conclusion that preschool most likely means her childhood is over right? I mean, flipping through the pictures I took today I noticed that Laurelei was striking poses closely resembling a senior picture. I couldn't help but think that as quickly these past 3 years have passed, the next 15 can't be much different. I admit its a bit of a stretch, but it made me realize how quickly time flies. I don't think I am ready for Monday, so how in the world will I handle kindergarten? :)
Like I said, I am a little irrational. And I would like to add that I also hate change, though I am sure you might have already picked up on that...
{I'll be linking to Miscellany Monday at lowercase letters.}
she is gorgeous! I bet she will rock at school today!
ReplyDeleteShe's beautiful! And, she will be fine! I think all mom's have those same kinds of thoughts but are afraid to tell anyone.
ReplyDeleteShe has the most beautiful blue eyes! She is going to love preschool and no that doesn't mean her childhood is over:-) You aren't the only one with those thoughts though!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Love that bright blond hair and those beautiful blue eyes...
ReplyDelete(my mom says that that is what my future children will look like---I hope so)