{linking to miscellany monday @ lowercase letters}
1. At this stage in pregnancy my husband and I have very different ideas as to what constitutes a comfortable temperature, or at least so he recently tweeted. He is probably right.
2. We are potty training at our house. Okay, well, by potty training I more mean we have introduced pull-ups and are just seeing what happens. Most people have a big opinion about how to go about potty training. And I had my own grand plans for this summer, but the last 8 weeks of bed-rest have sort of put a damper on things. I think we are now just living by the "she'll catch on when she's ready" philosophy, and that is okay with me.
3. Speaking of potty training, L has developed a new bathroom habit, which I think is somewhat a sign of the times. She is spending so much time in there, excited about the new hobby I guess, that she has started requesting entertainment. It started with asking for a book to read which we thought was just fine. However, things kind of took a dangerous turn the other day when we heard her sweet voice calling from the bathroom..."Mommy, mommy!!! I need my cell phone!" I am not sure this is a habit I want to encourage?
4. My friend Jess took my to a great new-ish restaurant here in town for a late birthday treat. We had a great time that was made even better when the waiter asked if we'd like to try some fried oreos. I know it sounds bizarre, but they were wonderful! Image warm oreos wrapped in a funnel cake, with vanilla ice cream on the side. yum! I am serious when I say, you should not turn down this treat!
5. We bought our first toaster this weekend, and I am SO excited. I know that is bizarre, but back when we got married we were moving abroad and didn't register for a lot. So when we moved home, we didn't have much of anything in the way of appliances. I guess this is just something we didn't put a lot of priority on over the last 4 years, but lately I have been realizing how much we were missing out! I am so about to go toast me a warm English muffin, yay!
6. I am almost done with the nursery and can't wait! It's been moving along slowly but surely. I am determined to have every last piece in place before baby gets here.
7. If this isn't random or 'miscellaneous,' I don't know what is? I am not quite sure why L is running around in pj's and swimmies, or why I am taking a picture of it. I think this has something to do with my camera-happy problem, or as Matt likes to call it 'scarring my child for life.' :)
Happy Monday!
Ahh, potty training, one of the most challenging and tiring and yet ultimately rewarding stages of toddlerhood. I've done it six times -- and have to do it one more time. When you're in the middle of it it feels as if it will never end, and then all of a sudden one day you realize it's done!
ReplyDeleteLovely nursery as well.
Thanks for popping over to my corner of the blog world this morning.
Blessings,
Rachel
Hilarious that L wanted her cell phone while she was on the potty! She must have had an important call to make. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's so funny that we both found this link party! I honestly can't remember how I got there. :)
And tell Matt to just keep a sweatshirt handy. Chris and I never agreed on temperature either, often him saying "it's freezing in here" at the exact same time that I said "Can you turn on the fan?" Also, smoothies helped.
Have a great week!