first. I spent way to much time at school this week. I mean in real life I probably would have spent TWICE as much time at school getting ready for the new year, but considering I've been on bed rest for nearly 9 weeks, I broke a lot of rules this week. I ended up caving in for both back to school orientations and went into my classroom 3 different times. Sheesh! If I didn't know my limits before, I learned them this week. In nearly two weeks since my last doctors appointment I've only had to stop contractions 3 times (yay!) Unfortunately, ALL of them were this week (boo!) We see the doctor tomorrow, and I am probably going a good talking too. After this next week I am pretty sure there will be no more work for me. This means, I am going to need A LOT of sick days to get me through. We are praying really hard that everything just all comes together and works out!
second. I haven't had much time to sit down and write in the past couple of days, but I have had fun updating the blog a little. Some new features? Tabs at the top, did you notice them? Also, I added a couple of pages to the tabs. One is of my favorite Lemon Tree Creations DIY blog posts. I figured it's time to bring the two blogs together just a little bit more! The other one is of the rooms in our house. I have too much fun decorating and redecorating the rooms in our house on a rotating basis. I figured you could try to keep up with me :).
third. I joined Pinterest! I know, I know, it's about time. A friend told me to do it a long time ago, and I just finally spent the time this week to sit down and figure it out. I am hooked! I spend a few minutes each night before I go to bed just 'exploring' and I swear it's been making my dreams more beautiful! SO much inspiration to be found there. Click the button on the sidebar or in the tab at the top to check it out! If you don't already pin, you will be instantly hooked I am sure. And let me just say, I am obsessed with their iPhone app, definitely my new favorite.
fourth. Yesterday Matt and I took L to sit by the pool at my grandparent's house. We had a great time. Matt and L just played and played and I just sat and sat. That is no surprise I guess, but sitting in the sun was SUPER refreshing. I can't believe pool season, and summer for that matter are nearing the end. Guess that just makes us that much closer to little baby Abbott, yay!
fifth. Speaking of baby Abbott, my sister-in-law and mother-in-law threw me the sweetest little shower. The details were all just so perfect and so many sweet family members came to shower little Abbott. (L even got a few special presents herself, and she definitely appreciated the attention!) It has been weird not stepping foot in a baby store this pregnancy, and Matt and I were so grateful for all of the help getting us ready for a new little one. I didn't get to take any pictures while I was there, but I'm sure someone will send some my way soon. Here are a couple of pictures as we were unpacking the sweet goodies! Thanks everyone!
(Matt's excited about this gift and what it implies!)
(We got the quilt to complete Abbott's bedding set and a sweet, sweet bunny I've been eying too!)
seventh. L goes back to her baby sitters this week. My sister-in-law has been so generous, as always, and had been helping watch L all summer long. Tomorrow though, we send her back on the way to her routine. I would be remiss if I didn't say it makes me a little sad to send her off! She is pretty excited though, and keeps asking when she gets to see her friends again. She does LOVE playing with her friends at mimi's for sure! And speaking of sweet little L, this picture is just quintessential "morning Laurelei." I love looking at it!
eighth. We have made it past 30 weeks with Abbott. I feel so blessed. 8 weeks ago when I posted the heart breaking news we'd received at the doctors I never knew how far we'd make it. Each week is just such a blessing, and also a reminder of how God has provided for our family. I am well on my way to delivering miracle baby #2, and I couldn't feel more blessed about that! (You can catch up on Abbott's story here.)

Beautiful pictures. That last one? Is amazing and beautiful and captures the beauty of childhood.
ReplyDeleteYou are busy. But, a good busy. And yes, that's a blessed thing.
Have a wonderful monday.
Rachel
She is absolutely beautiful. I just LOVE her name! :) And congrats on making it past 30 weeks... What an amazing blessing! Lots of prayers for your sweet family!
ReplyDeleteIt is so great that you have reached 30 weeks now, we've all been counting along with you! I bet you will be in some trouble for all of your hard work last week, I'm sure you were worn out after taking it so easy.
ReplyDeleteI love your new layout! The tabs are great and I love your pictures on the side too. And I love the house tour. Can't wait to see Abbott's room.
Good luck today!