First things first, I went back to work and the kids came back to school, yikes! It was a long week, but much better than I expected. I am gearing up for week number two already. My sweet, sweet Matt sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers to work on Friday too. It was such a sweet surprise! He was a little worried about my after the way I felt on Thursday, and I think was just hoping I'd make it through the day and home again with a smile on my face this time. He sure helped with that. Plus, we hit 31 weeks on Friday, and that was definitely something for me to smile about!
Laurelei doesn't actually like to wear bows these days. However, there are usually at least a few days in each week where she decides instead of wearing NO bows at all, she should just wear ALL of the bows she can find. I think this is quite the look for her!
As of Saturday morning this is what my bathroom looks like:
Believe me when I say this is not for a cosmetic change! For about 2 years now we have been trying to save the funds for a much, much needed bathroom overhaul due to some threatening water damage. It just kept getting worse and we definitely had to do something about it. In our true, true fashion, of course we started such a major project 6 weeks before the baby comes. That's just how we roll apparently. Thanks to Matt's dad for coming over and helping us get the demo done. Whew, that was a lot of work! Now let's just hope we can get it all put back together and the thin layer of dust out of the house before the newborn arrives.
After a failed shopping outing yesterday due to a fine cocktail of contractions and extreme fatigue, I settled in on the couch for the remainder of the evening. On a positive note though, it allowed me to finish up Abbott's halloween costume. I can't wait to hold our "very hungry little caterpillar" soon. :)
(please keep all opinions of this looking slightly like an alien suit to yourselves. I am well aware of the similarities!)
Tomorrow is a big, big day! Back to the doctor for an ultrasound and non-stress test. I cannot wait to see little Abbott again, and I am hoping that he will have turned a bit. He has nestled himself head down and back up for the past few weeks. Not only is this making the contractions A LOT more uncomfortable as they are in my back too, but more importantly we haven't been able to see his sweet face in weeks. I'm hoping for a flip!
We all get to wake up again tomorrow before 6, yuck! I have a feeling we are going to look a little like this when the alarm goes off bright and early.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!!
I think the costume is cute!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flowers and I love the caterpillar costume, so cute! It doesn't look alien to me. I'm doing a very hungry caterpillar birthday for my baby soon. :)
ReplyDeleteyou made that?? I am so impressed-- you have become so much even more domesticated during your time on bed rest!!
ReplyDeleteYou didn't even use a glue gun on this!
You already have a Halloween costume for Abbott? It looks so great! Adorable, really! PS-You should submit it (if you haven't already) to the Pinterest challenge. Have you seen that on Honey Bear Lane?
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are beautiful too! Matt always pulls through with great flowers. :)