Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waiting on Abbott...

I swear I thought I was going into labor last night. My contractions were about 4 minutes apart and nothing seemed to be stopping them! It was obvious after last weeks hospital stay that my medicine was not entirely effective in the way of stopping my pre-term labor, and I was sure that it was failing me again last night!
 From about midnight to 5:30am I was contracting regularly, sometimes at intervals as close as 4 minutes apart! I woke poor Matt up several times on the verge of insisting he take me to the hospital, but each time I felt like I could wait 'just a while longer.' I'm glad I waited long enough for the medicine to kick in and things to slow down. I am pretty sure that I can't handle another round of hospital-level drugs at the moment without going absolutely crazy!

As for now, we are just waiting on little Abbott to make his next move. I go back to the doctor tomorrow and am anxious to see if things progressed from his little late night party last night. And what I am really hoping for is that he lets me sleep a little tonight, seeing as how I am definitely running on fumes at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment