Monday, August 8, 2011

Looks like I need a new pair of shoes...

I mean what girls doesn't look for a reason to need a new pair of shoes? Want to hear my latest excuse? Well, we had our 30 week doctors check up today and got some good news. Looks like things are still pretty much the same (meaning they aren't worse! woo hoo!) and the doctor thinks going back to work is worth a shot. We have some restrictions, but for the most part she thinks I can give it a go one week at a time. So, until next Monday, I am officially off full bed-rest!
We had a good time at the doctors appointment today. Matt was able to stay the whole time which was nice. We started with a non-stress test for the baby, which meant we got to spend almost an hour just listening to the baby's heart beat and talking. Don't get me wrong, I haven't been as uncomfortable as I was on that stupid doctors table in a long time, but it was some unexpected good quality time with Matt for sure! We laughed and enjoyed the sound of Abbott's sweet heart rate as he moved around in my belly. Matt and I concluded Abbott must spend the majority of his time in there horse back riding.  His heart rate had a distinct gallop to it, as if he was in there clicking tiny coconuts together or something. It was hilarious and sweet and perfect all at the same time! We also had an ultrasound that confirmed my abruption is looking great, and confirmed that Abbott is undoubtedly still a boy. I guess its time to say good bye to Laurelei's little girl baby clothes and make room for all boy! In other news, we have somewhat nailed down an expected arrival for Abbott! Looks like the doctor will do an amnio at 37 weeks and deliver after if he's developed. Only 6.5 weeks or so till we are holding our little miracle baby!

Now back to the shoes. When the doctor told me I could go back to work I experience a lot of emotions. It is what I have been wanting to hear, but also scared me a little bit. Last week wore me completely out, and thinking about going back full time almost brought tears to my eyes. Can I handle it? Well that was my first thought! Somewhere down the list of thoughts I smiled a little thinking, "Looks like I need a comfortable pair of shoes!" I might have a few pairs, but lets just say I've never shopped for any with 'comfort' in mind necessarily. Maybe my new bed-rest free state of being will be awarded with a trip to Macy's?

Wish me luck! All joking aside, and I am pretty scared to go back to work full time fresh off 9 weeks of bedrest. What a transition! I'm hoping the contractions can stay under control for another week. We appreciate all the prayers, we are going to continue to need them for sure!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear this!! All must be well for your dr to clear you for some work, which is great! I'm glad the stress test went well too. Good luck!! Does that mean you are teaching today or next week?

    Good luck with those shoes! When we got home from Scotland I went right to Macy's for something "flat, comfortable, supportive and cute" and ended up with some Privo's. They are sooooooooo comfortable, a bit sporty though. I still love them, Chris still hates them. What does he know though?

    ReplyDelete